Monday 25 February 2013

FFC02

This weeks Festive Friday Challenge is a rustic country theme, as shown below.

Rustic country wouldn't be the first direction I would choose for a Christmas card, but I think I can roll with that! Of course, now I'm totally bummed that I didn't get any burlap on my last PTI order because it was sold out. Had to settle for a faux burlap look by stamping a fabric background on kraft. It's supposed to look like aida cloth, but in browns, it resembles burlap if you don't look too closely. The "burlap" and cherry mat are popped up with foam tape so the image in the center is inset. I used liquid pearls to make the mistletoe berries white and 3D. The rest is pretty self explanatory.



Supplies
SU: peaceful wishes stamp, aida background, cherry cobbler cs, soft suede and old olive inks
PTI: signature christmas stamp, kraft and fine linen cs, mat stack 4 and layerz 4 dies, kraft button
other: liquid pearls, hemp twine, white cs, scotch foam tape

Thanks for stopping by,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment