Thursday 21 February 2013

Muse Challenge #5

This week's Muse Challenge inspiration was a great card by Marion Vagg featuring a striking background constructed of washi tape. I decided to use her layout, but changed it up a little by doing a square card rather than horizontal.

I had some adorable plaid washi that I've been meaning to use, so thought this was the perfect opportunity. I didn't have a second washi pattern to coordinate with the plaid, so I created a pattern with white embossing on orange to pull out the accent color in the plaid pattern. I felt like another color was required to make the sentiment stand out on the busy background, so threw in a splash of Hawaiian Shores. I'm not generally that crazy about turquoise, but am totally infatuated with this shade lately. It's a little darker in person than it looks in this photo, and looks pretty sharp against this background.



Supplies
PTI: white, berry sorbet, and hawaiin shores cs, modern alphabet die
SU: white craft ink
Other: plaid Trendy Tape, Martha Stewart background stamp (unknown name), Fiskars heart punch, detail white embossing powder

Thanks for stopping by,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment