Wednesday 20 February 2013

OLW 127

It's been awhile since I made a one layer card, but I really love doing them. It's good exercise for the designing brain to plan out the layout before you start rather than making it up as you go along, and covering your mistakes with a butterfly! (Note: That butterfly trick really is handy though. I encourage you to use it, if you hadn't thought if it already. It can cure a world of ills. I'd also encourage you to save any ruined one layer cards to be repurposed as muli-layer cards. I hate to waste good cardstock).

This week's One Layer Wednesday Challenge, posted by Cheryl on A Paperie Journey , was to use something from one of your own Pinterest boards as inspiration. I found a card I had pinned long ago, when Lisa Johnson was still on the Papertrey Ink design team. It was posted as a video tutorial on Make It Monday. I thought it had a lot of potential, and have always meant to give this technique a try. I guess today is the day. Here is her card:
Frosted images technique with Lisa Johnson for PTI.

So pretty. It's a nice soft look that might work well for a sympathy card. She used dark chocolate and smoky shadow inks, then layered fresh snow over top and smudged it to produce a foggy effect. I decided to try it blue and ivory. I'm a little underwhelmed with the results, so not too disappointed that I  missed the deadline to link up to the challenge. Oh, well. Better luck next time?


Supplies
SU: midnight muse, crumb cake and white inks, just believe set
PTI: beautiful butterflies and signature greetings II sets, rustic cream cs, kraft button
Other: hemp twine


Thanks for stopping by,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment