Sunday 10 March 2013

CTS#18/CFC#93

 


I can't believe I'm combining challenges twice in one week, but CAS(E) this sketch! and CAS-ual Fridays played equal parts in inspiring this card. I'll show you what I mean. Here is the sketch that started it off:
Super cute, right? I just had to turn it on it side to make room for this sentiment, which would have been a bit of a tight fit in a portrait format, and leave a spot for the cute little baby feet.

Here's the second part of my inspiration:


I applied color blocking to my sentiment to make the negative die cut really stand out. Usually, when I do color blocking, I gravitate to more bold colors, but decided to change it up today and do a baby card in softer colors. I guess it seemed appropriate for the spring weather.

I hadn't used this die before, and this is a great way to use up cardstock scraps, so I'm satisfied that I accomplished something besides just making a cute baby card. That's it for this week. I think I need to pause for a day or two and clean up my craft disaster area!

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: kraft and rustic white cardstock, wonderful words die
SU: dotted scallop ribbon border punch, white craft ink
Misc: stampcraft baby feet stamp, detail white embossing powder,  1/8" white satin ribbon, various cardstock scraps

No comments:

Post a Comment