Thursday 7 March 2013

Muse7/Mojo283


I'm not generally a fan of combining challenges, but these two were meant to be together. When I looked at the Muse Challenge #7 photo, I was immediately drawn to the colors and wanted to apply them to a different layout. I was also drawn to the Mojo Monday 283 sketch and could picture them working very well together.

Anyone that has been following along with me will already know that I have a goal to include at least one unused craft supply in each project I post. Today it is PTI clear cardstock. I have used some small pieces here and there, but have been wanting to use a much larger piece as an overlay or as my card base. Today, I'm using it as the card base, with a slightly smaller kraft panel over top. I'm loving the color of this PTI kraft cardstock. I've used SU's in the past, but I find it a little more grey in tone, and I refuse to buy anything called Crumb Cake. Just kidding. I do have an ink pad, but I'm still going to call it kraft as a matter of principle, and I'm tempted to relabel it with a Sharpie! Anyway, the PTI kraft is lovely, especially when paired with white. I stamped the beautiful outlined flowers from SU's Fabulous Florets with white craft ink, and did the same on the back of a second kraft panel to adhere inside the card so the flowers would be seen on the back through the clear layer.

I don't think I had used my PTI Melon Berry patterned paper before either, so score 2 for me! I didn't have a black patterned paper on hand, so I dug up a scrap of plain black from my Scrap-folio and embossed a lovely pattern from Martha Stewart on it in detail white. I assembled the 3 cardstock pieces, then cut a window out with a Nestabilities circle die, so that the sentiment on the inside would be visible through the clear window. I had to run it through the Cuttlebug several times in order to cut through the area where all 3 colors overlapped. I embossed the larger flower with white on Melon Berry cs, and the leaf on black and fussy cut them all out, then adhered the pieces to the front of the clear cs.

I could have just stamped the sentiment directly on the cardstock panel adhered inside the card, but I thought it would be better to have a panel and circle in 2 different colors so it would be easy to see when writing on the inside, where to avoid writing so it isn't visible from the outside. I cut a slightly larger white circle with the next size Nestabilities die, and stamped "Love You" from Script Sentiments in Basic Black ink.

Hope you like it! In case you feel like playing along, here is Laurie Willison's simply beautiful inspiration card, as well as the creative Mojo Monday sketch designed by Carole Burrage.
IMG_9332






Thanks for stopping by,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment