Tuesday 2 April 2013

Festive Friday #5


This card is not very photogenic, though it turned out better than I expected. I do like Christmas cards in non-traditional colors, but aqua, blush and gold are a bit of a stretch for me, so I was a little apprehensive about how it would look. Here is the inspiration photo posted on Festive Friday:

I embossed the tree from Solemn Stillness in gold and added some bling that I colored in aqua and blush with Copic markers. The star was in need of a little bling, too, so I gave it some sparkle with a little glue and some Dazzling Diamonds powder.

This shot facing into the light shows off the gold trim and embossing:

A side view shows off the bling and texture a little better:


I think I may have used this tree stamp once before, so I'm glad it's finally getting it's "moment in the sun" after spending many years in the bottom drawer!

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU (solemn stillness, pool party and brushed gold cs, pool party ink, scallop trim border punch, dazzling details), PTI stamper's select white cs, Stampabilities sentiment, Fiskars diagonal impression plate, Versamark ink, gold embossing powder, rhinestones, Copic markers, 2 way glue pen

4 comments:

  1. This is *so* pretty! I think the tree image is PERFECT in gold embossing, and the little touches of colour in your bling are perfect. This is stunning, Tanis!! I am so glad you joined us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card turned out beautiful! Love the bling and especially the embossing on the sides...what a nice finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. Love that tree image. Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanis, this turned out SO very pretty!!! Love the little jewels on that embossed tree...just gorgeous!!! Always happy to visit you and your beautiful creations!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us, once again, at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete