Wednesday 17 April 2013

FFC06 - Retro

 
The theme for the latest Festive Friday challenge is "retro":
My husband is the king of retro, so I was surprised when I sifted through my Christmas sets and found that didn't have much stuff with a retro look, but this ornament from an SU set reminds me of some ornaments my Grandma used to have on her tree. When I hear retro, I usually think of mod 60's style, this seems more like vintage. Maybe I can sell this as uber retro?!
I embossed the greeting and string in gold  before embossing the panel with a texture. The gold embossed ornament was die cut and popped up to emphasize the focal point.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: very vanilla cs, keepsake ornaments stamp & die, hung up on the holidays, damask texture plate
 
Other: Versamark ink, Stampendous detail gold embossing powder, Stampabilities sentiment, corner chomper, Scotch foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. the ornament with the embossing is the background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, Tanis...this is just GORGEOUS!!! That image is so pretty...especially on top of the embossed background! (That second photo is so pretty!!!) Just beautiful, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you call it, it's BEAUTIFUL! I love how the embossing works so well with the image on your ornament! I am so glad you played with us again!

    ReplyDelete