Tuesday 9 April 2013

Fusion #1

It's an exciting day! I'm finally posting a card for the very first Fusion Challenge. Like the Muse challenge, participants and readers can vote for their favourite 3 cards, so make sure to check out the web site. There are already a ton of great projects posted there, and lots of inspiration to be found. I really don't know how I'm going to vote on this! It will be so hard to narrow it down to just 3.

Here's a look at the Fusion concept:


I opted to do Lesley's challenge because I loved the vibrant colors of the spray of flowers and the graphic quality of the black and white striped table cloth. I used some white scraps to make the stripes, and embossed the flowers in white on white before sponging them with ink and fussy cutting them. I cut the sprays with a leaf die, and cut some more in white and sponged them the same color as the flowers to create flower buds. It's a fairly bold look, so a simple white sentiment was all it needed to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: daffodil, melon, and pumpkin pie and pear inks, pear cs, reason to smile, little leaves
PTI: white and black cs, beautiful butterflies sentiment
Other: Versamark ink, detail white embossing powder

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is so lovely!! The black background looks so wonderful with the bright flowers! So happy that you joined us for the first Fusion challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Tanis. Thank you so much for joining us for the first Fusion Hypothesis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous work...the blooms simply POP off of the black! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! i love how the colors pop against the black card base. beautiful take on the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The flowers just pop against the black. Thank you for joining us this week at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! You pulled all the elements that I loved from the inspiration photo. And I love LOVE how you created the buds. That was something I loved that element on the flower spray and searched to see if I had anything I could recreate that with, but I didn't. Your idea is so creative. I definitely am going to have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black background and the bright pops of flowery colour! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE your flowers & bold stripes Tanis - fabulous!
    So glad you joined in the first FUSION Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete