Sunday 7 April 2013

Make it Monday #110

Collage elements is the focus of this Make it Monday Challenge. It sounded a little daunting, but Dawn inspired me to give it a try. My husband is still curling (they made it to the final game and I am waiting to see if they won the bonspiel) so luckily I had some free time for stamping today. I figured I could just toss it if it didn't turn out, but I have to say, I'm actually pretty happy with the results! Although using this technique felt a little foreign to me, somehow this project ended up looking very "me". I think I've been converted, and I may actually be inspired to try this again another day.

Update: I kept looking at this card and thinking the bottom corner looked a bit empty, so I added an xo with a dollar bin stamp. I think it's done now. : )



That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: rustic cream and simply chartreuse cs, chartreuse and fine linen ink, turning a new leaf stamp, wonderful words die and stamp, rhinestone
SU: pool party cs, pool party, kraft and espresso ink, fabulous florets and summer silhouettes stamps
Stampabilities: woodgrain and faded text background stamps

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a gorgeous job on this! Love your collaging!! The background looks superb! Wonderful job on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kay. I read your blog and love your style, so this means a lot coming from someone I follow!

      Delete