Saturday 13 April 2013

Muse #12


 I am in love. I can't believe this set hasn't seen the light of day in about 5 years! Why haven't I been using it? I love delphiniums. Well, I'm definitely going to get my money's worth out of it now. (Actually, it was a free hostess or Sale-a-bration set, so that has already been accomplished). I have to say, this blog is really working out well. Doing challenges is a fantastic way to get out of your rut and use some long neglected supplies.

Speaking of challenges, I created this card for the Muse Challenge. Here is the gorgeous Muse posted by Therese Calvird:



Aren't the colors just gorgeous? Therese has me wishing I had some Prismacolor pencils. I had to make do with a blender pen and ink pads.


My goal was to capture the simple and natural feel of this card.

I stamped all of the elements on PTI rustic cream cardstock with sepia Versafine ink, then added color with a blender pen, and dazzling diamonds glitter with a 2-way glue pen, and voila! (The ink colors are SU's razzleberry, ballet blue, and lilac).

I really loved this card as a one layer, but I had started on the other side and smudged the stamping, so I flipped the card over and did this version on the back as a tester to see how I wanted the placement, and what ink colors I should use. It was a "keeper", so I had to cut it in half. I trimmed it down a smidge and adhered it to a kraft base. I think I preferred the one layer. What do you think?

Time to go and check out the rest of the challenge participants and pick out my 3 favourites.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Stamp sets used: echoes of kindness (SU, retired), infinite goodness (SU, retired), signature greetings II (PTI, never retiring!)

8 comments:

  1. You have captured the natural feel perfectly! I think with the one layer card, your eye doesn't see the edge, so if feels limitless, the frame of the kraft card base (also very natural) creates a border. I like them both! Lovely interpretation of this week's Muse - I'm so glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous. I like the card as it is, with the layer and glad you got to use this set after so long! A gorgeous Muse card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely image and I agree, challenges are such a great way to create something when you get in a rut or have brain block. Beautiful card :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card. I love how you used the flower. The dragonfly finishing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it feels as though a summer breeze is drifting over this card, Tanis ... love the off the page stamping, the colours, the natural look ... just gorgeous! Both versions are different and equally lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic take on Muse Tanis. Love the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card, love how your colours flow through the design. And WOW on that flower stamp, it's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete