Friday 26 April 2013

Muse #14


I squeezed in a bit of time this evening to do a challenge. Muse is one of my favourites, and my shoebox is dreadfully low on Mothers' Day cards since my husband's family cleaned me out at the family dinner for the April birthdays last weekend.

Must get back to cleaning now. We are having over 50 people here tomorrow night for my husband's 40th birthday. Guess I should have followed that tried and true rule people do with their kids and only allowed him to invite the same number of people as his age!

Here's the sunny card by Virginia Lu that was the inspiration for my project.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: daffodil delight cs, daffodil, melon and ballet blue inks, melon mambo polka dot grosgrain, teeny tiny wishes, seeing spots, word window punch, scallop trim border punch
PTI:  stampers select white cs, heart-2-heart 7 stamps and die
other: pop dot

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love your bright & beautiful card! Love how you used the inspiration card but made it your own! Bet the party will be a ball--happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have outdone yourself with this gorgeously stamped card, Tanis! I love the split panels that you created! Truly lovely! So glad that you join the fun over MUSE Challenge this week! Happy birthday to your hubby! Have fun celebrating the big 4-0!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, great minds think alike eh! I used split panels too. Such a fun and cheery card, love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fresh take on this week's Muse - love the ribbon. Thanks for playing along this week, Tanis. (BTW - I'd love to see photos of your plaid wall! What a project that must have been!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad. I spent 2 or 3 evenings on it when my husband was out of town. Good news is, 7 years later I still love it. Was afraid I would get tired of it quickly.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card, Tanis! Lovely stamping and great take on the Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanis a beautiful card, love your stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY pretty card, Tanis, and a brilliant CASE of Virginia's card!! I hope the party was uber fun! Happy Belated Birthday to your hubs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super case of the Muse card, Tanis, love the split panels, so pretty. Hope you had a fab party! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete