Monday 15 April 2013

OLW 135 - CFC 98

I wish I had downloaded these pics before giving this card away. I thought it looked fine on the camera screen, but now I'm thinking I should have used the flash. Oh, well. I'm sure you'll get the idea. You just have to imagine that this is white embossing and glitter on blue, not blue and blue on blue! This will make a terrible thumbnail.

I was in the middle of designing something tall and thin for One Layer Wednesday when a friend called and said she needed a card for a wedding shower, preferably something in blue. I told her I was sure I had something that would work. When I looked in my shoe box, I was surprised to find I only had 3 shower cards, and nothing remotely close to blue. So I quickly embossed "for your shower" at the top of this card, and a couple of strips of scor tape and some dazzling diamonds glitter for pizzazz. If only I had thought to work in some pink and darker blue, this could have linked this to the 10 minute Craft Dash! (I'm just kidding. I would not try to add pink and dark blue on this particular card, but it did have to come together quickly). The glitter is the "icing" on this "cake", which ties in nicely with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, all that glitters.

This is the first time I've tried this new looped flower background from Hero Arts, and I'm quite thrilled with it. I think it will be a long time favorite!

Thanks for stopping by,
T

4 comments:

  1. very pretty! wonderful work! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty, Tanis ... fabulous stamp ... love how you've added the glitteriness! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The white embossing and the glitter stripe is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your sentiment sits right at the top; it just accentuates how lovely and tall your card is.

    ReplyDelete