Tuesday 28 May 2013

CSC142


The Case Study challenge blog has been featuring one of my most favourite designers this month, the awe inspiring Maile Belles. I'm disappointed I didn't have time to join in on casing her fantastic cards the last few weeks, but happy I could play along this week.

I'm not even trying to be original on this one. Her card is beautiful, and I was fascinated with her technique of painting with glimmer mist, and wanted to try it, so this is pretty much a straight up CASE. Here is the inspiration:

I'm not sure how well you can see the shimmer on my daisy. I made my own "glimmer mist" with several drops of water, a drop of coral reinker, and a drop of frost white shimmer paint. I overlapped 2 daisies and added a punched out center for more dimension.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: stampers' select white cardstock, turning a new leaf stamp, think big favorites #13 setiment, spring moss ink
SU: mixed bunch daisy stamp, summer silhouettes leaf stamp, pear pizzazz ink, cameo coral reinker, frost white shimmer paint
other: Versafine sepia ink, Recollections pink adhesive pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment