Wednesday 22 May 2013

FFC08

 

I didn't have a lot in my stash that would work as something "sweet" for this Festive Friday challenge. Just a tiny little gingerbread man, so I also used my super stripes set to create a candy cane background for the little guys. They look pretty happy, so "very merry" seemed to be an appropriate greeting. I created a negative die cut of the word "merry", and popped up the panel. I cut it down a bit first, which conveniently provided me with some trim for the gingerbread man chain. I added some dazzling diamonds to them as sugar to make them a little sweeter!



Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: soft suede cardstock and ink, pure poppy ink, hung up on the holidays, riding hood red baker's twine, dazzling diamonds
PTI: white cardstock, background basics: super stripes, wonderful words: holiday stamp and die
other: button, 2 way glue, pop dots

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I really love the combination of the candy cane pattern with your cute little Gingerbread men! This turned out wonderful! Good to see you again, Tanis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute, Tanis!!! Love the cookies, love the candy cane stripes, and love the 'merry'...guess you could say I love it all!!!;)...It's a great design! So glad you've joined us again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderfully fun Christmas card - love that your border candy cane stripes go the 'other way' and create visual interest! Great colours, too! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete