Sunday 12 May 2013

MIM #115

Man cards are always a struggle for me. I have a number of supplies specifically for this purpose, like this diamond plate impression folder, but it's so much more fun to play with my millions of flowers and butterflies! When I saw Heather's Make it Monday video, embossing on items other than paper, I thought it was a good opportunity to break out some tin foil and make something manly for Fathers' Day.

Tin foil is very easy to emboss, but not that easy to cut straight, so I made a smoky shadow frame to make sure my edges look neat and tidy, as you would expect steel to look. I popped up the plaid panel to help the die cut letters stand out, then attached everything to a harvest gold card base. I'm not exactly in love with this card, but it looks pretty sharp, and hopefully my Dad will think it's cool!

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: harvest gold and smoky shadow cardstock, heart to heart and modern alphabet dies
SU: howlstooth and scaringbone dsp, tangerine tango cs
other: tin foil, Cuttlebug embossing folder, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment