Saturday 18 May 2013

Muse #17

Happy Saturday! For me, that means time to participate in another Muse challenge. When I looked at the challenge, I saw a baby themed card with a lot of pattern.
 
Here is the inspiration provided by the talented Therese Calvird:
I used the colors of her striped background to make a plaid sky. Why not? I loved the little banner held by the pink elephant, but since my baby hedgehog is holding onto a bottle,  I turned it into a sky banner pulled by a polka dot butterfly.
 
I finished it off by adding a hill to "ground" the hedgehog, and some liquid applique to  to make the clouds puffy, then adhered it all to a lemon tart base.

Question for you Blogger experts: Why can't I make this last picture larger? Occasionally, when I click on a picture to highlight it, the box that allows you select a size, remove the picture, etc. fails to appear.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
PTI: lemon tart and limeade ice cardstock, beautiful butterflies stamp and die, cloud dies, in the meadow die
SU: cool Caribbean/daffodil delight/pretty in pink/pear pizzazz inks for sponging, Bermuda bay and melon mambo markers, itty bitty banner die, little additions greeting, linen thread
Other: Penny Black hedgehog, Marvy liquid applique, Scotch foam tape, unknown punch for polka dots

10 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I love your plaid sky (and that it's on an angle and not square)Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about square, but it just looked wrong!

      Delete
  2. I love that hedgehog - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, so cute, Tanis ... the plaid is a great touch! Sorry, can't help with Blogger ... I use Wordpress (and even then I'm probably the least techy person ever)... hope you get an answer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the background--fabulous baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic background and the cutest collection of images. Adorable and pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a big fan of plaid .... love the colors you chose for yours; and the butterfly towing the banner was a WONDERFUL idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanis, this is so adorable and so pinned!! I love the hedgie, the butterfly pulling the banner, and what an inspirational touch applying a rim around your clouds! Thank you for that! But the sky, oh my, the sky. I get giggly over anything plaid and you have just sent me with this plaid sky! A total winner to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS about the picture issue. Sometimes that popup hides behind the top. Are you able to "grab" the photo? Maybe move it up or down in the post, let go and then click on it again. If the pop-up appears, you can make it larger, than grab it and move it back to where it belongs.

    Either that or try switching to HTML and see if the popup shows up in that mode. You can find HTML in the upper left of your post in the compose or edit mode. If that (HTML) works, fix the picture, and then toggle back to the normal compose or edit mode.

    Hope that helps. xxoo Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darnell! I have noticed on previous occasions that the box was hiding at the top and peeking out a bit so I could grab it, but not this time. Maybe the HTML trick will work. I'll try that next time. Thanks again!

      Delete