Monday 20 May 2013

OLW140 - Borders

This has to be the worst weather I've ever seen on May Long weekend. It is typically a little dicey, but 3 days of rain is a pretty sad kick off to summer! At least it's not snowing. 60 centimeters in Newfoundland this weekend! Yikes!
 
I'm not able to do any of the house painting or gardening I had planned to tackle this weekend, so am turning my attention to cooking and stamping instead. Heather issued a challenge for One Layer Wednesday to create a card with nothing more than a border and a sentiment. I masked off a fat border, and embossed it with Dot Spot from PTI, then sponged over it with Limeade Ice and SU Cool Caribbean inks. A sentiment from PTI's Think Big favorites and some rounded corners finish it off.
 
This was actually my second attempt. On the first, I stamped the sentiment with Midnight Muse, which seemed a little too dark, and I thought maybe I had stamped it a tad too high. Then I noticed I had smudged blue ink on the white background!
No problem. Almost any smudge is salvageable by employing my go to trick of gluing a butterfly over it!

Thanks for stopping by,
T

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, both with and without the butterfly. The circle images looking stunning in white against the soft blue and green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inking and stamping, Tanis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterflies are so versatile! Both just lovely, Tanis, these two sponged colours are gorgeous together! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete