Wednesday 19 June 2013

FFC10

Hi there! It's time for another Festive Friday challenge. This is very last minute, but I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do for a retro theme. I don't have much in the way of Christmas stamps that have a real retro look except for an ornament set I've already used for a couple of previous Festive Friday challenges, that I wasn't feeling inspired to use this time around. I'm all about snowflakes, and haven't used those recently, so decided to play around with that theme.
 
This daylight shot shows more true colors. This shade of blue has a 60's feel to me, possibly because it reminds me of the bathroom fixtures my Aunt used to have in her first house!  I used a new pewter embossing powder for a more antique-y look, but was surprised at how silver it turned out. I had imagined it would be a bit darker. Oh, well. I swiped a bit or grey around the edges to age the raised panel a bit. It's difficult to see in this light, but the white snowflakes are embossed with a cool powder that has silver glitter mixed in with it. A few rhinestones add a bit more sparkle.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by,
T
 
Supplies
PTI: snowflake serenade, winter penguin, soft stone ink
SU: pool party cardstock, pewter emboss powder
other: Versamark ink and marker, Stampendous winter wonderland embossing powder, Recollections iridescent rhinestones, Scotch foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The lighting here makes it look more copper than silver, and I'd say that's a pretty vintage look! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh tanks, it's so lovely! I think it works perfectly for the vintage theme, and I love the way you formed everything... Plus, I am a sucker for snowflakes, so..........

    So good to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is beautiful - and has a great vintage feel, with a modern twist. Love the shine and dimension from the embossing. (and you made me think of all the powder blue toilets we see from time to time sitting on the edge of the road waiting for pick up as people renovate their houses! lol!) Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gorgeous card - all that embossing looks fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Tanis, what a beautiful card design! I really love the frame, the embossing, everything!

    ReplyDelete