Tuesday 4 June 2013

OLW 142

Talk about being late to the party! This One Layer Wednesday challenge hosted by the talented Ardyth started on her birthday, last Wednesday. Tonight is my last chance to link up and join in on the celebration. I believe the birthday "party" for Ardyth hosted by the always entertaining Darnell is still ongoing, so I think I'll link up there as well. 
 
The idea was to create something Ardyth-style, so I CASEd a birthday card she made a while back, adapting it to a one layer format. I also changed it to a square card since she seems big on square lately. I kept the sponged rainbow stripe, and stamped flowers over top. I added a little bling on the flowers rather than a glitter stripe, and it's a done deal. I'm tempted to add something more to it, but Ardyth tends to lean more "clean" than me, so I think I should probably leave it alone. Sorry if it looks a little dark. I had to run out to the front step to get enough light for a photo since it's getting late, and is fairly overcast.
 
Here's a look at the original posted by Ardyth.
Her colors are so bright and crisp! Mine are a little more blended giving it a different look.
 
HBD, Ardyth!
Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: poppy parade, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, wild wasabi and ballet blue inks, sweet spot flower
PTI: white cardstock, think big favorites #13
Michael's: Recollections rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. You are right, Tanis, the party is still going on here at the Playhouse! The world can never have enough Ardycards and you have added a brilliant one! I dare say that Ardyth herself might just be CASEing this Tanis delight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it, Tanis! And you even added bling - my favourite! Thanks so much for coming to my birthday party - I love that it just keeps going and going! lol!

    ReplyDelete