Tuesday 13 August 2013

MIM #129

Welcome to another Make it Monday challenge at PTI, featuring the tried but true crayon resist technique. I haven't done this in ages, and it was kind of fun to dust that idea off, and try it with new supplies.

I don't have many outline sets from PTI, and nothing seemed well suited to this technique aside from the same flower fusion set Heather used in her video. I wanted to change it up a bit, so dug through my stash and came up with this new pansy set from SU that fits the bill.
I started with stamping the pansies with sepia versafine ink on vanilla cardstock and coloring in with vanilla crayon. I sponged over the panel with my favourite ink, limeade ice from PTI. I love how it looks with an espresso mat over limeade ice cardstock. It just needed a few rhinestones to make the flowers pop, and a photo finish strip for the sentiment from the mat stack 5 set. I cut a couple of slits in the strip to feed through some bargain-bin brown, satin ribbon, and added a button and bow to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

5 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card! It was a fun technique, wasn't it? Your flower and the bling in the center is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I might even be inspired to try it again!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flower image to do this technique. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flowers and a beautiful colour combo! I've got to get me some of that limeade ink...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Tanis. Love the color combo and the flower image you used.

    ReplyDelete