Tuesday 3 September 2013

OLW155

It's September. Can you believe it? It stills feels like summer, and I wish it was, but my husband went back to work today, so I guess it's officially time to get back into a routine. And get back to stamping more regularly!

When I saw that Karen was doing a silhouette challenge for this week's One Layer Wednesday, I decided to dive in. I absolutely adore silhouettes, and have a ton of stamps that work well for this technique, so I just needed to decide which one to use. It wasn't a hard choice because I had a new set from PTI (Meadow Greens) that was dying to be test driven. I stamped the images in sepia Versafine ink, and blocked off an area to sponge with chartreuse and limeade ice ink from PTI, plus daffodil and peach from SU. The card base is rustic cream from PTI.

This was my first attempt, which went a little awry:
 I stamped the images with SU espresso ink, and it smudged a bit when I sponged over it. It may have been fine if I had dried it better first?  I also got a dark smudge at the bottom where the greeting was supposed to go. No problem. I just cut the back off, then sliced of the smudge to make a square card face, and trimmed it down a smidge so it could mounted on a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4" espresso card base, giving it a bit of a frame. I hate to waste cardstock, so if I can figure out a way to salvage a mistake, I'm all over it. A little ribbon, and label to house a greeting, and voila! I got two cards out of this effort - one that is one layer, and one that is not.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are stunning....so happy you had a chance to play along with the OLW this week.

    ReplyDelete