Tuesday 10 September 2013

OLW156

Welcome to One Layer Wednesday! This week's challenge is hosted by Ardyth, and the theme is paint chip - a one layer project all in one color, in varying shades. After a couple of attempts, I decided on purple in plum shades: lavender moon from PTI, and orchid opulence (or fairy vomit, as Susan calls it!) and rich razzleberry from SU. The orchid actually looks a little more lavender in this lighting than in real life, and it's hard to tell the that greeting is in rich razzleberry. The flower on the right is also razzleberry, but stamped off. Unfortunately I was too late to get a daylight photo. The days are getting so short already.

I started out trying to do a masculine card with green polka dots. It was awful! Then I switched to floral, which worked out OK, until I smudged the greeting a bit!
I did sort of salvage it with a blender pen. It's not perfect, but not too noticeable.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
T

1 comment:

  1. Love both of these! So glad you played. And thanks for the 'fairy vomit' giggle! I actually quite like Orchid Opulence, and I think of Susan every time I use it!

    ReplyDelete