Wednesday 23 October 2013

FFC19

Hi, it's late, so just stopping in quickly for a Festive Friday challenge post. The theme for this week is "whimsical". I guess I'm not that whimsical, because I didn't find a whole lot in my stash that would work well with this theme! Most of my Christmas sets stuff is of the pretty variety. I found a whole lot of snowflakes, and they didn't look very whimsical. I did come across this striped sweater stamp set that I bought last year, but hadn't used yet, so I pulled it out and tried stamping some different color combinations.
 
I liked these greens and purples, and thought they would be a fun way to give the greeting some color and texture, so at the very least, I accomplished the goal of using never before used stuff (NBUS!). I added some cute miniature tinsel and "hung" some ornaments from it, and gave them a little sparkle with some 2-way glue and glitter.
 
Off to bed!
Thanks for stopping by, 
T
 
Supplies
SU: white and lovely lilac card stock, lovely lilac and orchid opulence ink, tinsel, hung up on the holidays stamps, dazzling diamonds
PTI: limeade ice ink, wonderful words: Christmas set and die
Other: 2 way-glue, Scotch foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Love the 'knitting' and the sparkle from the tinsel! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, such pretty colors, Tanis! Love the tinsel, too! Glad you made it in time with this sweet card!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say the colours are plenty whimsical! This is so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and I think the tinsel is quite whimsical!

    ReplyDelete