Wednesday 16 October 2013

MIM #136

Hi there,
With Christmas not much more than 2 months away, I thought I'd take this opportunity to make a Christmas card for this Make it Monday challenge to add texture to a solid image. I don't have many large solid images, but thought this tree would be perfect for this technique.
After inking up the tree, I lined up the center of with the edge of my stamp pad and swiped the ink outwards, following the upward slant of the branches, and repeated on the other side. I chose an SU pad because I needed something with a long straight edge.

I wanted the textured tree to be the focus of the project, so I kept the rest pretty simple and monochromatic - white on white with some soft stone snowflakes, and a soft stone card base. All that was needed to finish it off was a sentiment in grey, and some glitter for a little sparkle.
I used a 2-way glue pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds to the center of each snowflake, and Dazzling Details glitter glue for the edge of the snowdrift and to the tips of the tree branches.
Thanks for stopping by,
T
 
Supplies
PTI: white and soft stone card stock, soft stone ink, in the meadow stamp and dies, winter penguin snowflake, holiday lights sentiment
SU: wild wasabi and smoky slate ink, dazzling diamonds and dazzling details glitter
Other: snowflake cluster (unknown source), Scotch foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Tanis this is a fabulous card and the technique is wonderful with this tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect image for this technique - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever to mimic the branches of the tree! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! That was a fabulous way to use the technique. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the challenge! Love the texture and the effect!!

    ReplyDelete