Friday 4 October 2013

Muse #37

Hi there! Happy Friday and welcome to another Muse challenge post. I'm always happy when Friday rolls around because it means more time to spend playing in the craft room. Really, what it will mean this evening is spending a bunch of time cleaning up the craft room if I hope to accomplish anything in here this weekend! Why, why, why do I let everything pile up until it's like an archaeological dig? The answer, of course, is that I always end up working on something 'til midnight, then I have to quit and climb into bed if I ever hope to get to work in the morning, so weekends are for catch up, in more ways than one. Such is life!

Onto the project at hand. When I looked at the inspiring card created by Cindy,  I thought the soft, pretty look and color scheme would be really well suited to a wedding card, though I didn't end up adding a sentiment to my card either. I incorporated a script background, dry embossing and a flower element, though all a little different than hers. Those differences combined with the die cut shape and mat give the card a very different look, though it's very easy to see the inspiration behind each element came directly from her card. I added some sheer gold ribbon which picks up on the color of the script background and blends in nicely so it doesn't steal too much attention from the focal point, which is kind of soft and subtle.

Here's a look at the card that set this project in motion:

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: love & sympathy stamp, whisper white cardstock, mellow moss and almost amethyst markers, pattern 1 texture plate
PTI: mat stack 5 and layerz dies, fine linen ink, wisteria cardstock
other: Stampabilities faded text background stamp, bargain bin ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty - I love your soft colours and the panel is a gorgeous shape - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanis,

    How pretty! I just ordered that flower! I could not resist after seeing this card! I love the bow- just the right touch for the softness of the card. Love how you were inspired by my Muse this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card--perfect for the Muse challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've captured the serene feeling of Cindy's Muse card perfectly! Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant! What a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really elegant, Tanis. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant - great case of Cindy's card

    ReplyDelete