Friday 25 October 2013

PTI October Blog Hop

Hi, if you are here, you are probably taking a tour through the October blog hop hosted by Papertrey Ink. Hope you are having a blast and finding lots of eye candy and inspiration! I plan to do a little idea shopping later myself.

This is the perfect time to gear up for Christmas, and I love to make hand made tags for all of my gifts. It's a great way to make your wrapping look "finished" by adding that little personal touch. I usually make tags that are like tiny cards so you can add names to the inside. I used my Christmas Poinsettia set and dies to make poinsettia shaped cards by scoring the cardstock and folding it in half, and making sure the die was hanging over the folded edge just a touch before running it through the Cuttlebug.  The challenge was to make a set of at least 5. I'll be needing more than that, but made 5 different colors for now (pure poppy, raspberry fizz & berry sorbet, plus pink pirouette and rich razzleberyy from SU), and will make multiples of certain colors once I know what wrapping papers I will be using. Also, these are a little sophisticated for the nieces and nephews, so I'll probably make a few "kid friendly" ones too. Winter Penguin might be fun!
I'm certain that I bought "To:" and "From:" stamps at some point (I even think I remember it being at Archiver's in Mall of  America) but can not figure out where those got to, so I scoured my stash and found the words I was looking for in an appropriate scale in my Wonderful Words: Hello set. I just needed to mask them off to isolate the "to" and the "from".
I may also decide to add glitter to some of these, but will wait to see if silver or gold will coordinate better with my wrap. I think this raspberry one is my favourite.
Enjoy the tour.
Thanks for stopping by,
T

14 comments:

  1. oh i love your poinsettia tags, Tanis! Your choice of colors are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and love your bright colors and non traditional tag shapes! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanis, your tags are simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty poinsettias and clever die cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea to have them open! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these non traditional colors on a traditional Christmas flower, so unexpected. Love how they open too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how original and beautiful these are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tags! May have to try some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are wonderful! I will have to make some of these lovely Christmas flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously brilliant idea to make your tags in the shape of poinsettias, Tanis! And I love them in the nontraditional Christmas colors!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh fun, love your shaped tags! Those would look awesome on a present!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty and clever too! Love that you can open them up and the to/from stamps! Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete