Sunday 10 November 2013

MIM #139

 
Hi there,
I made a card today for the week's Make it Monday challenge, to use a stamp in a different way, to create a square frame. Unfortunately, I don't have any of Dawn's Boutique Borders sets yet, which work beautifully for this technique, so I had the think "outside the box" to build my box! I dug through my stash, and thought this book stamp from All Booked Up would work because it has one flat edge.

I tried stamping the book both with the flat edge out, then in, to see which I liked better.
Both worked, but having the flat edge on the inside made the frame larger, and I need to stock up on baby cards, and thought this ark scene (Two by Two from SU) would work well with the book theme, and fit nicely in the larger frame.

I stamped the frame and ark with sepia Versafine ink on rustic cream cardstock, then colored the image with SU watercolor wonder crayons and blender pens/aqua painter, then mounted it on a harvest gold card base.

Thanks for stopping by,
T


3 comments:

  1. So clever! The book stamp forms a darling frame. Thanks for showing both inside and out. Love your ark stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the book edges remind me of waves for your sweet ark! great solution to the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea. I love the books stamped both ways. This is a darling baby card.

    ReplyDelete