Tuesday 3 December 2013

FF Final!

Well, here we are at the end of the year, with the final Festive Friday challenge! I'm happy to be able to say that I only missed one challenge this year, so had 20 Christmas cards completed before December from this challenge blog alone, so why not end the year off right with one more?
 
This time, the challenge is to choose your favourite challenge from throughout the year to create a new project. Easier said than done with so many great options to choose from, but I'm clearly crazy for snowflakes, as anyone who's seen my craft stash can attest! I also have quite a variety of snowflake Christmas ornaments, a set of 3 for each room, and a bunch more on my tree.
I happen to have just received this new clear set from SU, with cute snowflakes in a hand-drawn look, so was anxious to try it out. I'm so glad that SU is finally jumping on the clear bandwagon. I definitely prefer clear stamps, especially for greetings so I can see where I'm stamping.
 
I love the look of white stamping on craft, so thought why not try it on a cork sheet for a touch of the unexpected? It didn't show up that well at first, so I added embossing powder. I didn't know if embossing on cork would work, so now we all know, it does.

I also embossed the word "greetings" in green Zing powder, and stamped "Christmas" and "to you" in red. Some green satin ribbon and rhinestones give a bit of polish to an otherwise simple and "casual" card.  It's hard to tell in this pic that the rhinestones are green. I never seem to be home in the daylight lately, so sometimes have to resort to using the flash.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
SU: endless wishes, white craft ink, poppy parade ink,
PTI: adhesive cork sheet, rustic white cardstock, green rhinestones
other: leaf Zing powder, detail white Stampendous embossing powder, Versamark ink, Celebrate It satin ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Loving the corkboard look - the snowflake really pops! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fresh green and the sweet snowflakes, Tanis! Your creations have all been so pretty this year...I've thoroughly enjoyed visiting to see what you've whipped up for us...never disappointed! Thanks so much for your faithfulness and please do come back next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful! Love how you stamped on the cork.

    ReplyDelete