Thursday 13 February 2014

Building Blocks Challenge

Hi there,
It's Day 9 of PTI's 7th Anniversary festivities over on Nichole's blog. Today's challenge was to roll the die and select 9 elements to include on your project. I ended up having to work with a dark chocolate, spring rain, hibiscus burst, and classic kraft color scheme, plus heat embossing, adhesive pearls and bakers' twine on a birthday card with the layout you see here. A tall order!
 
I pulled out my mixed pack of perfect match card stock to see how I could pull those four colors together, opting to use the chocolate and kraft as the background, and blue and pink as accent colors. Luckily I happened to have espresso embossing powder and bakers' twine from PTI, and some pastel colored advesive pearls from Michael's that included blue, so I had all of the elements I needed aside from the tipped tops dies. I had to eyeball that and manually cut the angles in the chocolate piece with my paper trimmer. Simple enough. The only other things I needed to turn this into a finished project were my pouch of kraft buttons, and a variety of punches to make some flowers. This actually came together pretty quickly, and is cuter than I thought it may be.
 
That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by,
T

4 comments:

  1. Unusual color combination but it looks so so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a color combo I would have chosen! I was happy when I rolled Chocolate, then Spring Rain. Next came Hibiscus Burst! That threw me for a loop, but it did work out in the end.

      Delete
  2. Great card, Tanis! And now I get to call you a "lucky duck" back and say congratulations on winning a PTI gift cert!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete