Saturday 1 February 2014

CC2

Welcome! I'm trying out a new challenge called The Card Concept. Unfortunately I missed the first challenge because I just got home from Cuba that week, and wasn't really back into the swing of things. You know, busy doing laundry, grocery shopping, and all that jazz. Anyway, this is their second challenge, adding texture to your card.

Now that didn't really sound like much of a challenge for me, since I rarely make a card without some added texture, often from an embossing folder or impression plate, so I decided to do something a bit different today, adding layers of heat embossing. I looooove heat embossing and use it frequently, but I don't think I've ever used 3 different powders on one project before, and definitely not layering one color over another. I was a bit worried that it may turn into a total disaster, but was actually pretty easy.

I first stamped a fern leaf directly onto my cardstock, then embossed the stem over top. Then I layered an embossed fern leaf over that. The tricky part came next. I embossed the blooms in white, then had to line up the radiating flower stems. It turned out pretty well just by brushing of a bit of the green powder here and there that wasn't perfectly positioned before heating it. It comes off of white embossing really cleanly.
I clear embossed the word birthday, then added a die cut Happy on top to finish it off.
 
My style sometimes leans towards clean and simple, and sometimes it's more classy and elegant, but most often it's clean and layered, and I think that's exactly where this card falls.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
T
 
Supplies
Cardstock: pool party, white (SU)
Stamps: meadow greens, wonderful words additions (PTI)
Dies: one liners: happy (PTI)
Ink: limeade ice (PTI), Versamark
Embossing powder: detail white, clear (Stampendous), leaf (Zing)
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your texture is gorgeous - I really want to touch! Great cool colours, too! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept (although how disappointing that you thought laundry is more important than participating in the first one :-) - we missed you! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad, I know! Sometimes these things cry out to be done.

      Delete
  2. sweet card, with great elements of texture!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossing and such gorgeous colours on your card Tanis. Lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Your triple embossing looks wonderful and I adore those stamps! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete