Wednesday 12 February 2014

FFC24

Hi, my name is Tanis, and I'm an Olympiholic. I'm trying to tear my eyes away from Olympic coverage long enough to write a last minute post for the Festive Friday challenge! It's a challenge alright.
 
I meant to start on this challenge on the very first day. I loooooove this inspiration photo. The first thing that caught my eye was the colors, and the white pinecones, which I wanted to use as a focal point.
I embossed some pinecones in pearl white and the branch in detail gold on vellum and fussy cut them.

I used fine linen cardstock from PTI for the card base, and stampers select white for the top layer. I cut a window with a Nestie die, and embossed the greeting in gold, then added a bit of gold ribbon, and popped up the top panel with foam tape.
Now back to my Olympic highlights. Go team Canada!
Thanks for stopping by,
T

2 comments:

  1. Tanis, this is so SO gorgeous - I love the way you focused on the bough and pine cone - it's so beautiful!! You used the photo perfectly... good to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Love the colour, the detail and the layout. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete