Sunday 16 February 2014

Muse #54

Hi there,
I'm watching the Olympics again today, and playing along with the Muse challenge while I'm at it. I loved the card by Therese Calvird, so I couldn't resist diving in.

Isn't it lovely? My favourite elements were the texture of the background, and the unexpected way that flower bud spills over onto the background, so I made a point of incorporating those things in my project.
I pulled out the sanding block, and some textured pool party Core'dinations card stock, and sanded it down for a bit of a shabby, aged look that really reminds me a favourite, old pair of blue jeans. I'm totally using this background again soon! I hope you can see the texture in this photo.
 
 I stamped this Stampendous Daisy Cluster image on a piece of rustic ivory card stock in sepia Versafine ink, then painted it with a variety of blue, green and yellow inks and an aqua painter. Man, I loooove this stamp. No idea why I've only used it once before? So fun to use it again in a different way by stamping only part of the image on a too small strip. I also stamped the top 2 flowers directly onto the pool party base and colored them in, then trimmed the ivory panel down a bit, and added a sentiment in sepia.
The butterfly looked a little sad, so I added a little white, dazzling diamonds glitter to give her a subtle lift.

Thanks for stopping by,
T


6 comments:

  1. I love your stamping and the way it overlaps the panel! Also love the beautiful colour choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured and stamped - love the offshoot onto the canvas-looking card base! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Your flowers are beautifully coloured and I like how you stamped "off the edge"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, Tanis ... love how the flowers have meandered over the edge of the panel ... and your sweet butterfly's perfect with her touch of glamour! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I love your choice of colours and how the image has grown into the card base. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I just love the subtle colour combos and your colouring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete