Thursday 13 February 2014

One Layer Love You

Hi,
I haven't made a one layer card for awhile, so I decided to give it a whirl today. It's not really my forte, but I like to flex my creative muscle now and then, and step out of my comfort zone!

  Less is More is doing a one layer challenge this week, One Layer Week 158.  The theme is anything goes, so I wasn't sure where I wanted to start. So many possibilities. I had a look at Heather Telford's card at the One Layer Simplicity Challenge #2: Can you Repeat that?, and drew a little inspiration from there. She used greens and blues (a favourite combination for me), and a repeated stamped image, in her case, a dragonfly.
Heather is the queen of sponging, and I often lean towards masking and sponging to add dimension and texture to a one layer card, but opted to keep it pretty simple today. (Actually this seems a little too simple to me! I still want to add more to it, but I can't decide exactly what it needs, without adding a layer to it, so I guess I'll leave it as is. For now).

Thanks for stopping by,
T

Supplies
Inks: limeade ice and ocean tides (PTI), pool party (SU)
Sets: printed petals (SU), script sentiments and side by side sentiments (PTI)
Other: Recollections rhinestones and YG23 Copic marker

4 comments:

  1. that's a beautiful card Tanis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love the colour choices! Thanks for joining us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Tanis ... cool colours and so much glorious white space! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout and colours are simpel and elegant, two of my favourite design features

    ReplyDelete