Thursday 9 October 2014

MIM #183


Hi there,
I saw a cool technique on PTI's Make it Monday video this week. Dawn added dry embossing over heat embossing which a great technique if you want to make super-mailable, flat card that still has lots of dimension. In honour of Thanksgiving happening in Canada this weekend, I thought I would make a fall themed "thank you" card, and also link it to Susan Raihala's Thanksgiving Crusade. She is on a one woman mission to promote Thanksgiving in an effort to stop it from being overshadowed by Black Friday. Sounds good to me! I think I'll give it to my hubby. Renovations are rough, and he's been putting lots of time into painting our kitchen cabinets and getting them looking perfect for his perfectionist wife! I'm sure it will be worth all the effort when everything is done, right?! To be clear, he's not doing everything. I painted the cabinets by hand. and stained, painted and urethaned the new coffee bar. He's been out in the garage painting the cabinet door with the sprayer, but those are the parts you really see, so they need lots of attention.

I embossed the leaves with Zing powder, then dry embossed the panel with my plaid PTI impression plate. Both elements have a bit of a rustic feel. yet the straight lines in the plaid pattern are a contrast to the more organic look of the leaves.

That's all for now. I'm off to America to pick up some items I ordered in for the kitchen.
Thanks for stopping by,
T

2 comments:

  1. VERY pretty fall card and I love your textured background! Good luck with the kitchen reno! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderfully done! love all the texture and the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete