Sunday 2 November 2014

Muse #91

Hi there,

I made use of my extra hour from the daylights savings time change to stay up extra late last night and squeeze in a bit of crafting! I'm not getting much free time these days, trying to wrap up lots of reno projects before the snow flies. Hopefully I can get back into the groove once there is a blanket of snow on the ground.

I was pleased when I saw Michele's challenge idea on the Muse blog this week, to do a set of cards with the same patterned paper. This is exactly how I roll when I'm crafting! I hate making duplicate cards, but I will often make 3 or more cards at the same time that are variations on a theme. I had a brand new pack of unopened patterned paper that I thought would work well for some Christmas cards, so I picked out this dotted sheet that resembles falling snow.
 For the first card, I also picked a green patterned paper out of the same pack to die cut my tree. It's hard to tell in this photo, but I used SU white glimmer paper for the rolling hills. It's also hard to see the dazzling details glitter added to the tips of the tree. I popped up some of the elements for a bit more dimension.
 The next card uses the same tree die (from PTI) with limeade ice cardstock. I added some glitter to it, and die cut the sentiment from glitter paper.

The final card has heat embossed pine boughs and a pinecone. I added some liquid applique to the tops of the sentiment letters, like snow collecting on top of them. It still needed a little something, so I added a strip of glitter paper.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

4 comments:

  1. ALL your cards are stunning Tanis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanis! Oh so gorgeous... glad that the challenge tickled your fancy... The PTI set you've used is really one of my most favorite of all. Every detail is perfect. Thanks for playing cards with me at Muse!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the snow in the sky and the peaceful scenes you've created! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Tanis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely, peaceful scenes, Tanis ... so perfect for that Silent Night! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete