Wednesday 25 February 2015

Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge


Hi there,

It's an action packed day between work and stamp club this evening. Glad I have time to squeeze in a post for this blog hop while I grab a bite for dinner.
Blog-hop-logo
Blog Hop Inspiration
When I saw this inspiration photo for the challenge, I was infatuated. A water-colored, geometric background! What's not to love?

I sponged my background in blue and green distress inks to make it kind of a unisex card, then spritzed it with water to get the colors to run. Pretty simple, but oh so pretty! I wish it looked as nice in the photos. I ironed the panel which helped to dry it out a well as flattening it so it would adhere more easily to the card base. I didn't want to add too much else to the card and cover up the background, so I trimmed the panel down a bit with a stitched rectangle die to add some dimension and give it a frame, then added a simple banner stamped with New Leaf ink and "happy" die cut from Hawaiian Shores cardstock over top. Pretty straightforward. In this case, the background is more of a focal point than a background.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

6 comments:

  1. I just love this! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such festive colors, Tanis, and I think you designed the perfect sediment treatment to let that background be the star! I can't believe you just whipped this up between work and stamp club!! Enjoy the hop (tomorrow)! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well not exactly Darnell! I stayed up late last night stamping, took photos this am before leaving for work, and blogged it when I was home for 20 minutes before stamp club. I've been on the run, but a fun day, so I can't complain.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love your card!! Love how you created the background!! fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful! love the color combo and your watercoloring - gosh that is a pretty background - perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that background is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete