Saturday 21 March 2015

CC#31

 Hi there,

It's my Mom's B-Day today. Hard to believe she's 70! Scary. The good news is, her and my Dad (who is 75) were off to the gym when I called her earlier. They are making a habit of working out lately, so hopefully they will be staying healthy for a long while yet.

So, today I needed to make her a card. Why, you may ask, did I wait until the last day to make her a card? Good question! I was wishing I had started sooner. Talk about being behind the 8 ball. I had no idea where to start, but gathered a bit of inspiration from the Card Concept Challenge's cup cake theme. I vaguely recalled having a cup cake die set, and though it would pair well with this shaker kit and sprinkles. I actually ordered this kit a year ago with plans to make something fantastic for my niece's 7th and Dad's 75th birthdays, but was horribly disappointed when it was on back order, and took MONTHS to arrive, too late for either birthday. I basically chucked it aside when it arrived, and it has been collecting dust ever since. Well, it is dusty no more since I needed to come with something fab on a tight timeline. These dies really do make it quick to stick a shaker together. I spent more time picking out paper/colors than assembling this.

We'll see what my niece thinks of it, and if she'll be expecting one for her birthday. She was pretty enthralled with the infinity card I made for her brother's birthday and wanted one of those, but maybe she'll change her mind?
This shot shows the shimmer on the sentiment, and the sprinkles on the cup cake a bit better. As it turns out, my cup cake die cuts were too large to fit on this card, so I ended up just hand cutting a base and using a cloud die for the icing. Whatever works! I would like to have added a candle on top, but it seemed a little too crowded and busy already. Speaking of, I'm not sure what style this card would be. Clean and layered, I guess? It's definitely layered, but a little less "clean" than my usual style. Busy and layered?!


Time to make black forrest cheesecake! Thanks for stopping by,
T

3 comments:

  1. Your shaker card is FABULOUS! I love everything about it! The numbers in the background, the big die cut Sprinkles, the colors together are so happy and bright! Simply fantastic!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper cute! Love the fun shaker design! Thanks so much for playing along with The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this shaker. So cute.

    ReplyDelete