Thursday 5 March 2015

MIM #203

Hi there,

Wow, this week's Make it Monday challenge was lots of fun. I was very skeptical when I watched Ashley's video, thinking there's no way this won't look like a hot mess if I try it! It did start out that way. I thought her watercolored images were so pretty, it was almost a shame to doodle on them, and I figured I may get stuck at that point. Mine weren't that pretty! So I had nothing to lose by forging ahead. I still didn't like the look when I first outlined the images, but as I added more details, they gained more dimension and started to come together. I think I'll have to try this again with some other stamps. I don't have a lot of solid images, but was thinking I could use the back of some of my floral images.
It's always difficult to capture with a camera, but I added some glitter to the butterfly wings to jazz them up a bit.

IMG_799601
This is the sample card that Ashley made to demonstrate this awesome technique. You have until Monday morning to post a project if you want to dive in and give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by,
T

5 comments:

  1. Your butterflies turned out beautiful! I love the border you put around your card too. That doodling was scary, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doodling is wonderful, Tanisha. I was very skeptical also, still am as I'm not a doodling type it seems, but your whimsical butterflies are just lovely and suit the sentiment beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Tanis, your name was auto corrected on my Note before I noticed...Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Sometimes it's fun to do things that are not your style, and recharge your creativity.

      Delete
  4. The butterflies are great, amazing doodling! Love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete