Sunday 5 April 2015

MIM #207

 Hi there,
Last minute, I know, but I managed to squeeze in some double partial die cutting tonight when we got home from Easter dinner at my aunt's. Laura Bassen showed off this fun technique for the Make it Monday challenge. I find if I neglect to try something out as soon as I see it, it fades from memory within a few weeks, so I made it a priority to make time for this. Now, hopefully I'll remember to use this idea again another day.
I'm loving this pink/yellow and orange combo lately. Must be a spring thing? Reminds me of tulips, I guess. Too bad the colors look a bit darker in these pics, but it does pick up the dry embossing, which sometimes gets lost in a brighter photo. I wanted to highlight the heart, so I cut a second one in white and gave it some stripes with pink, yellow and orange markers.

Off to bed, though tomorrow is another holiday for me. Looking forward to seeing what PTI has in store for us in tomorrow's Make it Monday video! I'm pretty much never home on a Monday to watch it, and pull out some stamps to play with, so tomorrow is a special day.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment