Wednesday 25 November 2015

PTI November Blog Hop

Hi there,
It's been way too long since I posted any cards! Summer is so busy with outdoor activities, but now that winter is setting in, I hope I can devote some time to stamping. When I saw the inspiration for this months blog hop at PTI, I had to dive in. I'm completely in love with this color palette.
Blog Hop Inspiration Chartreuse with Hawaiin Shores! Plus a lot of white with silver. I also added some Limeade Ice, and a scrap of a darker turquoise, maybe from SU, that was as close as I could find to the darker blue in the challenge photo.
I love this ornament die, but have never tried paper piecing with it (& probably never will again! That was finicky).  I first cut the outline from white card stock & the detail die from a Luxe Silver adhesive sheet, then cut it four more times in different colors to get all the pieces needed to fill in the frame.
Once the ornament was pieced together it was pretty quick to pop it up with foam on a stitched rectangle matted with Hawaiin Shores. I added a sentiment in silver embossing, a chartreuse bow, and adhered it all to a white card base, et voila! My first Christmas card for this year is done. Now I just have to decide who to give it to!
 
I'm also going to link this baby up on the Work it Wednesday challenge on the SSS blog. They are wanting to see what everyone is sending out for Christmas this year, so get over there and show off your creativity!

Thanks for stopping by,
T

22 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning pieced ornament! I love the sentiment stamp you used . Hope you enjoy the hop and whoever you decide to give this card to will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy guacamole, I love your paper pieced ornament, Tanis!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning!! I absolutely love that fabulous ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper piecing might have been time consuming but well worth it. Your ornament is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornament is so gorgeous and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am ga-ga over this card, Tanis! I love puzzles, so I love paper-piecing my dies and this ornament in these colors is just brilliant!!

    BTW, there were a few comments regarding the cover plate on my post being from PTI, so I went off to make sure it is a PTI one and it turns out it isn't! That's what happens when we assume (and don't mark our die envelopes!). I did some searching and found out it is a Lil ' Inker Cover Up die. Sorry for the confusion! I've edited my post. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, also for the update. I may have to order that cover plate!

      Delete
  7. Wow that ornament is so intricate! You've created a work of art with this one~

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...what a gorgeous ornament and so worth the time to place all those little pieces in place! Stunning card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely ornament - I bet it was a lot of work to do that paperpiecing of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! spectacular paper piecing! in complete awe of your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous - so worth the effort to piece it together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow! his is beautiful, Tanis, Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card and love that pieced ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous! This is one beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous, elegant ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tanis, your ornament is the 'belle of the ball'! Beautifully pieced in those colors! Some lucky person is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful! Love how you used the colors on this beautiful ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Amazing ornament and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This ornament is gorgeous. After all the work to piece it together I think I would want to keep it for myself!!

    ReplyDelete