Tuesday 9 February 2016

Day 3: Grab & Craft Challenge

Hi there,
Day 3 of the PTI anniversary fun is a Grab & Craft challenge. The idea is to spend 5 minutes grabbing supplies from your craft room, and then using them all on a project.

It didn't even take me 5 minutes to grab stuff. I knew I wanted to use this striped grosgrain ribbon because I never use it, because it's generally too fat to fit on a card. I had just seen this ribbon scrumching technique last week at stamp club and was determined to try it out at home and use some of my unloved ribbon. I knew exactly the layout I would use, so it was as simple as picking some bright inks and cardstock to match the ribbon, and a stamp set to stamp a background. It's so easy to get striking results with this Friendly Flowers set, and I'm short on thank you cards, so Keep it Simple was an obvious choice for a sentiment since it would give me a variety of fonts to choose from. An ignored pack of brads that totally coordinate with these flowers was the last thing I grabbed. Hopefully I will remember to use those brads with this set again in the future.
This project was pretty quick to assemble, too. I probably spent more time fiddling around with the ribbon and brad than I did on stamping. I should probably pull out some more stamps and colors and make a few more of these babies.

Thanks for stopping by,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment